Ginger Tofu by Lee Chan16 Aug 2018
Ginger Tofu, Miso Soy Soba Bowl
4 pieces of firm tofu cut into 2cm thick triangles.
1tbsp peanut oil
1/4 cup of Soy sesame dressing
1 tbsp Miso paste
1 cup of vegetable broth
1tsp Grated ginger
1⁄2 Avocado sliced
1tbsp Black sesame
3 thinly sliced Pickled radish (yellow) or pickled ginger if you can’t find radish
1⁄4 cup of Snow pea sprouts
150g Soba noodles
Spring onion to garnish
- For the tofu – combine 1⁄2 of the sesame soy dressing with grated ginger. Soak tofu and let it
marinade for at least an hour or whilst you prep the other ingredients.
- For the soba – bring a large pot of water to boil and cook according to packet instructions,
approximately 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside until it’s time to
- For the broth – bring vegetable broth or water to the boil, stir in miso paste, soy and sesame
dressing, mirin and cook for 5 minutes on a high heat to reduce slightly.
- While the broth is cooking, heat a fry pan on high heat, add peanut oil and gently fry the tofu
on 1 side for 1 minute, flip and fry for another 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- To assemble, add soba noodles to thickened broth, stir to incorporate making sure the noodles
are coated well. Serve in a bowl, topped with tofu, pickled radish, snow pea sprouts, avocado
sprinkled with black sesame. Garnish with slices of spring onion.