XO Stir-fry Crabs with Egg Noodles30 Nov 2017
Get into the festive spirit and embrace the fresh flavours of summer and the sea, with this delicious recipe that is sure to be a crowd pleaser! It can be modified with adding more summer vegetables or seasonings to your desire.
- 1kg raw blue swimmer crabs
- 80g Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Panda Osyter Sauce
- 1 tsp of Lee Kum Kee Chicken Bouillon Powder
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- 250g egg noodles
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Pull back the apron of each crab, remove the top shell, then intestines and feathery gills. Rinse quickly.
- Cut each crab into quarters and crack the legs gently (use a meat mallet) so the flavours can enter.
- Cooked the egg noodles as the instruction on the packaging and transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tbsp of oil, cook the crabs for 2 mins, then add the chopped whites of the spring onions plus 80g of XO sauce and fry for 2 mins.
- Add 1 cup of water, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp chicken powder and 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine and continue stir fry until the crabs are cooked.
- Combine the corn flour and water to make a thin paste, stir into the boiling crab mixture to thicken.
- Pour the crabs and sauce over the noodles and garnish with the chopped green tops of the spring onions.
For more delicious and authentic Asian recipes, please visit Asian Inspirations at: https://asianinspirations.com.au/