Recipe: Traditional Hot Pot with Daisy & Ash10 Mar 2017
With another summer been and gone, we invited our friends Daisy from @daisy_nevertoosweet and Ash from @imsohungree to Box Hill Central and show us how to prepare a traditional Hot Pot using all ingredients they found in our Fresh Food Market.
Watch the cooking demonstration here at our Facebook!
Gather all of your friends and family together for one of the most social dining experiences – where you sit around one table sharing a delicious meal from the central Hot Pot.
- 4 x Cans of clear chicken broth
- Equal parts of boiled water (fill empty cans with water and empty into the pot)
- Chicken Maryland – chopped roughly
- 2 x carrots chopped
Hot Pot Ingredients:
- Sliced beef
- Sliced Wagyu beef
- Fresh prawns
- Lobster tail
- Shaved park
- Fish tofu
- Lobster mince balls
- Beef mince balls
- Pork mince balls
- Vegetables (chinese cabbage, broccoli and asian greens)
- Combine all stock ingredients into electric hot pot or favourite large pot over portable gas stove.
- Place in the middle of dining table, surrounded by all Hot Pot ingredients ready to be cooked.
- Once water is boiling, start placing your desired ingredients into the pot and begin cooking!
Enjoy your freshly cooked ingredients with your choice of dressings and sauces: soy sauce, hoi sin and chilli oil and etc.
Note: Please feel free to explore Box Hill Central's Fresh Food Market and purchase any or all of the ingredients we have suggested, or why not try something new? The only rule to follow is to have fun while cooking Hot Pot.