Recipe: Soy Pork with Asian Salad24 Sep 2017
Looking for that perfect show-stopping dinner? Check out the recipe for this Soy Pork with Asian Salad.
*Allow three hours marinading time
1 tablespoon brown sugar
80ml (1/3 cup) tamari
6 whole star anise
1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
8 (about 1.6kg) pork loin cutlets, excess fat trimmed
60ml (1/4 cup) water
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 bunch gai choy, ends trimmed
1 bunch choy sum, ends trimmed
1/2 small Chinese cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 bunch green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Combine sugar, 60ml (1/4 cup) of the tamari, star anise, ginger, vinegar and oil in a glass bowl. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 3 hours to develop the flavours.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Remove pork from marinade and place in a roasting pan. Reserve marinade. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until pork is brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved marinade and water in the roasting pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add the remaining tamari and stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until toasted. Transfer to a plate. Add the gai choy, choy sum, cabbage and green shallot to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Divide the Asian greens among serving plates and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Top with pork and serve drizzled with sauce.
*Recipe from Taste.com.au