Recipe: Matcha White Chocolate Cookies with Daisy & Ash05 Apr 2017
In for something sweet? We invited our friends Daisy from @daisy_nevertoosweet and Ash from @imsohungree to Box Hill Central and to show us how to bake Matcha White Chocolate Cookies using all ingredients they found in our Fresh Food Market.
Watch the cooking demonstration here at our Facebook!
- 170g Unsalted butter (softened)
- 15-17g High Quality Matcha Tea Powder (the greener, the better)
- 240g Plain Flour
- 130g Pure Icing Sugar
- 50g White Chocolate Chips
- 2 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- Sift flour and matcha tea powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and pinch of salt together in mixer until combined.
- Add yolks to butter mixture and one third of the flour-matcha bowl and mix.
- Add another third of flour-matcha, mix and add the final third alongside the white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Empty mixture onto baking paper and roll into a log shape.
- Wrap with cling wrap to keep air right, and place into dish filled with rice for the log to keep its circular shape.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge (it should be chilled and firm) and pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Remove cling wrap and slice log into 1cm wide cookies.
- Place onto lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool and enjoy.
Ash’s serving suggestion: Why not create Matcha White Chocolate icecream sandwiches by just adding a scoop of vanilla ice-cream between two of your freshly baked cookies. In Ash’s words, it’s “next level”.