Recipe: Matcha White Chocolate Cookies with Daisy & Ash05 Apr 2017
Watch the cooking demonstration here at our Facebook!
- 170g Unsalted butter (softened)
- 15-17g High Quality Matcha Tea Powder (the greener, the better)
- 240g Plain Flour
- 130g Pure Icing Sugar
- 50g White Chocolate Chips
- 2 large egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- Sift flour and matcha tea powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and pinch of salt together in mixer until combined.
- Add yolks to butter mixture and one third of the flour-matcha bowl and mix.
- Add another third of flour-matcha, mix and add the final third alongside the white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Empty mixture onto baking paper and roll into a log shape.
- Wrap with cling wrap to keep air right, and place into dish filled with rice for the log to keep its circular shape.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge (it should be chilled and firm) and pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Remove cling wrap and slice log into 1cm wide cookies.
- Place onto lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool and enjoy.
Ash’s serving suggestion: Why not create Matcha White Chocolate icecream sandwiches by just adding a scoop of vanilla ice-cream between two of your freshly baked cookies. In Ash’s words, it’s “next level”.