Lemongrass Pork Mince, Tom Yum Noodle Soup by Lee Chan16 Aug 2018
Lemongrass Pork Mince, Tom Yum Noodle Soup
1 stalk Lemongrass
1 small Onion
1 small Chilli
Thumb of ginger
2 Kaffir lime leaves, stalk removed
2 1⁄2 tbsp coconut oil
2tbsp Tom yum paste
1 cup Chicken stock
150g pork mince
2tbsp fish sauce
1⁄2 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1tbsp oyster sauce
150g Bean noodles
1 Bok choy stalk
5 Cherry tomatoes
- For the pork mince – start with the lemongrass paste. Place all the ingredients into a food
processor and blitz until it resembles a paste, a few chunks are okay. Set aside until ready to
- Start with the bean noodles. Boil a large pot of water and cook the noodles as per packet
instructions or until soft but still slightly chewy. Drain and set aside.
- Heat fry pan on high heat. Add 1⁄2 tbsp of coconut oil, add cherry tomatoes and pan roast until
they split. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Using the same fry pan, add 1tbsp of coconut oil and 1tbsp of lemongrass paste. Fry until
- Add pork mince to the lemongrass paste and cook for 5minutes. Stir through sesame oil, 1tbsp
fish sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for a further 3minutes, stirring to incorporate sauces. Remove
from heat when done.
- In a saucepan, heat 1tbsp of coconut oil, add 1tbsp of lemongrass paste and tom yum paste.
Stir fry until fragrant. Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer; add 1tbsp fish sauce and 1⁄2 tsp of sugar. Taste and balance the
flavours accordingly. If you need it to be saltier, add more fish sauce, if it’s too salty add a little
sugar at a time. The taste should be rich and sour.