Recipe: Lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Prawns21 Nov 2017
Christmas is just around the corner and there’s no better way to celebrate than with delicious food! Refreshing lime, punching chilli and fresh seafood – this is a dish that will have the whole family coming back for seconds (or thirds). Box Hill marketplace has all the ingredients you need to give the gift of flavour this Christmas.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons (GF if required) fish sauce or soy sauce
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves, chopped garlic
- 2 finely shredded kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk, finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 chopped red or green chilli
- 150g snow peas
- 3 dozen raw prawns (shrimp), shelled with tails left on, thawed
- small handful of basil
- small handful of coriander (cilantro)
- Mix sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil together and set aside
- Heat oil in a wok or large fry pan on high heat. Add garlic, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, chilli, snow peas and prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes, before adding sweet chilli mixture.
- Toss everything in the fry pan or wok together for a further 1-2 minutes until prawns are just cooked and everything is hot through.
- Lightly toss through herbs just before serving.
Serve with coconut rice, slices of fresh cucumber and tomato. Enjoy!