Recipe: Lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Prawns21 Nov 2017
Refreshing lime, punching chilli and fresh seafood – this is a dish that will have the whole family coming back for seconds (or thirds).
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 5 minutes
- 1 ½ tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons (GF if required) fish sauce or soy sauce
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves, chopped garlic
- 2 finely shredded kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk, finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 chopped red or green chilli
- 150g snow peas
- 3 dozen raw prawns (shrimp), shelled with tails left on, thawed
- small handful of basil
- small handful of coriander (cilantro)
- Mix sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil together and set aside
- Heat oil in a wok or large fry pan on high heat. Add garlic, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, chilli, snow peas and prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes, before adding sweet chilli mixture.
- Toss everything in the fry pan or wok together for a further 1-2 minutes until prawns are just cooked and everything is hot through.
- Lightly toss through herbs just before serving.
Serve with coconut rice, slices of fresh cucumber and tomato. Enjoy!