Who fells like Thai Shrimp Curry?13 Jun 2018
Indulge your culinary senses with this great and easy curry, the shrimp are simmered in a rich and fragrant coconut sauce that is infused with lemongrass, ginger, hot green chillies, and fresh herbs.
Hot green chillies will add a kick! This curry sounds super exotic but it is fool proof and easy to make. Get inspired with adding your own veggies, or making your own creation by seeing what great variety of fresh produce there is at Box Hill Centrals market precinct. Cooking time is only 25 mins, and wont disappoint, bringing the flavours of Thailand home.
Servings: 4 - 6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions, from one small onion
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts, from 4-5 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 pounds large, extra large or jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, Thai basil or Italian basil (or a combination)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 minutes. If the onions start to brown, reduce the heat to medium. Add the scallions, garlic and green curry paste, and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Add the coconut milk, water, fish sauce and brown sugar and bring to a gentle boil. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro (or basil) and serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges.