Recipe: Durian Smoothie21 Feb 2017
- 1 cup of durian meat
- 1 banana
- 1 and 1/2 cups of ice cubes
- 1/2 cup of your choice of water, milk or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of condensed milk
Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to add more condensed milk to desired taste. Serve immediately.
Tips to opening a durian:
- As it can get messy, lay baking paper down on your working space
- Inspect the durian’s spikes for natural “seams”, this is where you will want to focus the carving
- Using a knife carefully make a deep cut into the durian, that spans across one side of the durian (about 20cm)
- Using your fingers, pry the flesh apart and you should now have two halves
- Scoop the edible flesh out of the husk and repeat with the other half
Warning: Durians are notorious for their distinct fragrance – Some describe it as “old gym” socks, however the smell does not affect the highly prized taste of durian.