Recipe: Coconut Pudding with Mango & Lychee Salad25 Jan 2017
How to cook coconut Pudding with Mango & Lychee salad
1 cup sugar
¼ cup powdered gelatine
2 x 400ml cans of coconut milk (premium preferred)
2 x 565g canned lychees in syrup, drained, leave aside ½ cup of syrup
2 mangoes, diced
Fresh mint leaves, to serve as garnish
- Combine sugar and 2 cups of cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and gradually add the gelatine, all the while stirring until combined.
- Return pan to low heat and cook until the gelatine has completely dissolved (do not boil).
- Gradually add coconut milk, stirring until combined.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through (do not boil).
- Transfer the mixture to a large heatproof bowl. Stir every 15 minutes for 1 hour or until cooled.
- Pour mixture into a greased square pan (4.5cm deep and 18.5cm across)
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid separation.
- Keep refrigerated for 3 hours or until set.
- Once set, run a knife around the edge of pan. Invert the pan onto a chopping board and press the base to release the coconut pudding.
- Combine lychees, syrup and mango in a bowl.
- Cut coconut pudding into 12 rectangles and serve with lychee & mango salad topped with mint leaves.