Recipe: Chinese Sticky Rice Cake18 Oct 2017
Chinese Sticky Rice cake is crispy on the outside with a beautiful soft texture on theinside, the smell of the sesame seeds will fill your kitchen! The first bite of the slightly spongy and aromatic rice cake will surprise you. The sweet and moist red bean paste will melt in your mouth so quickly that you will want to eat the whole cake!
Prep to make 15 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) box sweet rice flour (mochiko)1 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 (18.75 ounce) canned sweetened red bean paste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Cook for 55 mins
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Mix rice flour, canola oil, milk, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in the beaten eggs. Pour the mixture into the baking pan. Drop small spoonfuls of the red bean paste into the flour mixture about 1 to 2 inches apart, making sure that the red bean paste is covered by the flour mixture. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack
*Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com