Festive Recipe: BBQ Prawns on Lemongrass Sticks07 Dec 2017
The lemon grass gives the prawns a subtle citrus and fresh flavour. Try this thai dish which is a great summer favourite that can be served during the festive summer season. this crowd pleaser
can be cooked on the grill or bbq, making it an easy party or lunch choice! try adding some fresh asian greens, salad or rice as a meal. Enjoy!
12 medium - large prawns (Shell prawns and remove vein; leaving tails intact)
4 sticks lemongrass
½ cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chilli Sauce
1 tsp honey
½ cup Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
fresh mint (for garnish)
- Mix the chilli sauce, soy sauce and honey in a bowl. Place the prawns in this marinade and cover. Allow to stand.
- Clean the lemon grass and remove the older-looking stems. With a knife, trim the root end of the lemongrass to a pointed finish (like a bamboo skewer)
- Take the prawns and skewer them on the lemongrass, three to a stick
- Heat the grill plate and cook prawn for 2-3 mins each side, while basting the prawns with the marinade.
- Arrange the prawn sticks on a plate and garnish with mint.
Tip: As an alternative, substitute 250g sliced chicken or beef for the prawns. Chop mint before serving.
For more delicious and authentic asian recipes, please visit Asian Inspirations.