Commonly enjoyed as a soothing tea, Asian Inspirations show us how osmanthus can also be tasty in this sweet and fragrant yum cha dessert!
Serves: 5-6 people
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp osmanthus jam (or 1½ tsp dried osmanthus from Whitehorse Hu Hui Asian Grocer with 3 tbsp honey)
- 15g goji berries (soaked and drained)
- 110g rock sugar
- 30g gelatin powder
- 600ml water
- 100ml water (for gelatin powder)
- Combine gelatin powder with 100ml water, mix well and set aside.
- Pour 600ml water and dried osmanthus, if using, in a pot and bring to boil, then lower to medium heat.
- Optional: use a mesh strainer to remove some of the osmanthus for a smoother texture.
- Mix in the rehydrated gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Pour in the rock sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add in the goji berries and osmanthus jam or honey. Mix well and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Pour into a mould and refrigerate for at least 4 hrs.