Carly & Emily's Pot Sticker Dumplings
6 Cups plain flour
2 Cups Boiling Water
1 Cup Cold Water
140g pork skin
1 spring onion
2 slices ginger
½ TBSP Chinese Rice Wine Vinegar
1L Chicken Stock
1kg Pork Mince
40g Ginger, Grated
3 spring onions, chopped
3 TSP Salt
1 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp olive oil
2 TBSP Light Soya Sauce
1-2 Tsp sesame oil
One Bunch Chinese Chives, chopped
1 Cup of soup (above)
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
Water for Steaming
Chinese red vinegar, to serve
Ginger, to serve
1. Mix the three cups of water together.
2. Slowly add to the flour in a large bowl, stirring until just brought together
3. Knead dough lighting.
4. Cover with wet cloth and rest for 30-60 Minutes
1. Bring stock to the boil.
2. Add all the soup ingredients and simmer until only 500ml of stock is left (approx. One hour)
3. Remove ginger and spring onion, conserve pork skin
4. Strain stock into a food processor, add in diced pork skin and buzz until a creamy soup is achieved.
5. Leave cool but use before sets.
1. Mix all filling ingredients together.
2. Add a little water if required to get a good consistency
1. Roll dough in to a 1 inch diameter log, cover with damp cloth.
2. Cut off portions of dough approximately 1cm thick.
3. Roll dough out 6cm rounds.
4. Put two teaspoon of filling in centre of wrapper, fold in to desired shape.
5. Set aside folded dumplings on a well floured board.
6. Drizzle oil in a flat non stick frying pan over moderate to high heat.
7. Arrange dumpling in a circular pattern in pan.
8. When all dumpling are in position, pour over enough water to come halfway up the side of dumplings (approximately half a cup).
9. Place a transparent lid on frying pan, cook over moderate heat until the water has evaporated and the bottoms of the dumplings are golden.
10. Serve with a dipping sauce of finely julienned ginger in red vinegar.