Dumpling skin / Xiao Long Bao skin
600g plain flour
- In a large bowl mix flour with water until it becomes dough.
- Knead the mix for 2 minutes.
- Cover with a wet towel and let the dough rest for 20mins.
- Knead the dough again for 2 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Set aside until required.
Xiao Long Bao filling
300g pork mince 300g
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
2 tsp. sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
30 g diced spring onion
¼ cup sesame oil
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together until combined.
How to make:
- Using a knife cut the dough into small ball size (approximately 7g each).
- Press the dough ball by hand into a flat round shape.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough so that edge is thinner than the center. The wrapper should be about less then 1 millimeter thick.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon (23g) of dumpling filling and place it in the center of the wrapper.
- Hold the Bao with one hand and start sealing the edges with the other hand.
- And place the Bao into a bamboo steamer, placing the lid back on.
- Fill a wok with hot water and place it on the stove.
- When the water has boiled place the steam basket on top of the wok.
- Cook the Bao for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the steamer and serve.