The amazing Tasia & Grasia13 Jun 2018
The amazing and incredibly talented food sisters have been to Box Hill Central once again to create most amazing dish.
We will let you in on their secret recipe...
Balinese spiced shredded chicken on Betel leaf
250 gr of chicken thigh
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
5 eschalot, finely sliced
3 cm galangal, bruised
7 kaffir lime leaves
3 tablespoons red chili paste (grounded chili)
2 big red chilies, finely chopped
2 lemongrass, finely chopped
2 tablespoons of water
2 kaffir lime juice
1 ½ teaspoons of salt, or to taste
1 ½ teaspoons of sugar, or to taste
100ml of coconut milk
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
8 betel leaves
Micro Coriander, garnish
Fried shallots, garnish
100ml of coconut cream, a drizzle on each betel leave
1 green capsicum, finely chopped
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
kaffir lime juice to taste
salt, to taste
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- Steam 250 gr of chicken thighs until cooked.
- Shred the chicken meat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and eschalot in medium heat.
- Put in 3cm of galangal and 7 kaffir lime leaves. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add in the shredded chicken and the grounded chili paste. Mix evenly and further cooked for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped chilies and chopped lemongrass.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of water and season with salt and sugar. Combined well.
- Add kaffir lime juice and pour 100 ml of coconut milk. Stir evenly. Set aside until ready for assembling.
- To make the salsa mix, combined the chopped capsicum together with kaffir lime juice, leaves and salt.
- To assemble, add one teaspoon of salsa mix on top of the betel leave, followed by one tablespoon of the shredded chicken mixture.
- Garnish with fried shallots, a drizzle of coconut cream and micro coriander.