Sizzling Ginger Yakiniku (Pork) Skewers14 Dec 2017
Sizzling pork yakiniku flavoured with ginger threaded on skewers and served with steamed white rice.
get inspired in the kitchen and immerse yourself in Japanese flavours.
Try this delicious Japanese sizzling ginger skewers recipe.
350g pork fillet
2 cups Kokuho Sushi Rice (cooked)
steamed greens (to serve)
¼ cup Soy sauce
100g Obento Pickled Ginger
100ml Obento Mirin Seasoning
1 cup castor sugar
100ml green ginger wine
- Place all marinade ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Reserve ½ cup marinade.
- Marinate pork with remaining marinade and refrigerate for 4 hrs.
- Fold the pork and thread 3-4 pieces onto each skewer.
- BBQ or pan-fry skewers for 3 mins each side, basting often.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and green vegetables, drizzled with reserved marinade.
For more delicious and authentic Asian recipes, please visit Asian Inspirations at: https://asianinspirations.com.au/