Feeling Pad Thai-Yay!09 Oct 2017
Feeling like cooking something fresh and delicious this weekend? Then look no further than Thai classic Pad Thai! Box Hill Central has a huge array of fresh grocers and supermarkets that will get your creative juices flowing whether you’re cooking lunch or dinner. Prepare to be inspired and delight your taste buds!
- 250g packet rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 500g green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bean sprouts, tails removed
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
Place noodles into a heat-proof bowl. Cover with hot water. Stand until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a jug. Whisk with a fork to combine.
Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until golden. Add prawns, onions and chillies. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until prawns turn pink. Add noodles. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add lime juice mixture to wok. Toss to combine. Slowly pour eggs over noodles. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add sprouts. Toss well.
Spoon pad Thai onto plates. Sprinkle with peanuts and coriander leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
*Courtesy of taste.com